Prof. Dr. Frank Albe
After obtaining his university entrance qualification, Frank Albe (born in 1964) studied Economics and Politics in Braunschweig. Following his Vordiplom (intermediate examination), he transferred to Göttingen, where he completed his Business Administration studies as a Diplom-Kaufmann. As a research assistant under Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolfgang Lücke in the Department of Industrial Management at the Institute of Production and Investment Research, he obtained his doctorate with a study on cooperation controlling.
Following his doctorate, Frank Albe joined TUI GmbH & Co. KG, as a consultant for group controlling, where he contributed to the reorientation of group and investment controlling and was responsible for numerous mergers & acquisitions. Latterly, as Head of the TUI Group's Investment Controlling, he was responsible for Central Europe operators and the hotel and resort investments.
After five years' corporate group experience and constant parallel university teaching activity at the PFH Private University of Applied Sciences and elsewhere, Frank Albe accepted the offer of a professorship in General Business Administration, specialising in Tourism Management and Controlling, at the PFH in October 2000. Since 2003, he has held the office of Vice-President and, since 2004, he has been Head of the Institute for Developing Politicians' Business Competence (IEWP). In autumn 2014 he was elected President of the University. Since 1990, Frank Albe has had a broad range of experience in management continuing education and has been an independent consultant in the management consultancy company UNICconsult.
Work and research interests
- Controlling in tourism, particularly pricing and yield processes
- Strategic management in tourism
- University management and consulting
- Internal and external accounting
- Competence research in politics
- SME research
Visions and objectives
- Transformation of business administration management and controlling methods to the vertically integrated tourism industry
- Integration concept in internal and external accounting
- Coaching of future high potentials for the institutions of tourism and the functions of accounting