Prof. Dr.-Ing. Malte Bellmann
Prof. Dr. Malte Bellmann, master craftsman in orthopedic technology, studied orthopedic and rehabilitation technology at the Gießen University of Applied Sciences and completed his studies in 2006 with a degree in engineering. The expert in biomechanics expanded his extensive practical knowledge at Ottobock HealthCare GmbH in Duderstadt before and after his studies. In 2018 he received his doctorate from the Technical University of Berlin in the field of medical technology. His doctoral thesis was on the topic "Biomechanical investigation of the force transmission mechanisms between the thigh stump and the prosthetic socket."
Since 2018, he has been Head of Research Biomechanics, Clinical Research & Services and leading expert "Biomechanics Prosthetics Lower Limbs" at Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA, Duderstadt. International training activities on biomechanical and orthopedic-technical topics as well as conception, planning, consulting, budgeting and implementation of biomechanical and clinical mono- and multi-centre studies (national and international) form a strong foundation for his teaching and research activities at the PFH. In addition, Bellmann is closely involved in everyday clinical practice through clinical patient care with orthopedic technical aids for the lower extremities.
Work and research interests
- Clinical biomechanics in technical orthopedics
- Gait and movement analysis
- Research and development in the field of lower extremity exoprosthetics
- Biomechanical and clinical proof of concept studies
Visions and objectives
- Practical transfer of biomechanical knowledge for patient care with the most modern orthopedic aids
- Expansion of a research network in the field of technical orthopedics