Prof. Dr.-Ing. Marc Siebert
Born in Kassel on 12 February, 1971, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Marc Siebert, studied General Mechanical Engineering at the University of Kassel. He performed several years' development activity for various companies in the bicycle industry. From 2001-2008, he was a research assistant in the Institute of Material Technology at the University of Kassel.
In 2003, he founded SPIN Siebert & Schörner GbR (development and manufacture of ultra-light bicycle frames and components made of fibre-reinforced plastics). In 2006, he received his doctorate at the University of Kassel's Institute of Material Technology, Composites and Material Compounds on the subject of "analysing the mechanical properties of injection-joined round plugs". From 2006-2008, he had a teaching contract at the University of Kassel ("Composites and material compounds in the construction of sports devices and rehabilitation aids"). Since November 2008, he is a professor at the PFH Private University of Applied Sciences.
Work and research interests
- Manufacturing methods for fibre-reinforced materials
- Material compounds and hybrid designs ("multi-material design")
- Innovative joining methods, bonding technology
- Sports & rehabilitation engineering
Visions and objectives
- Intelligent lightweighting through a combination of different materials
- Individual (mass) production of lightweight structures
- "The perfect wheelchair"