Erasmus+ programme

Studium an der PFH

What is Erasmus+

International Collaboration

PFH participates in the European Union's Erasmus+ project, a programme for international collaboration in the field of education.

This programme is designed to increase the attractiveness of European higher education institutions for students and teachers throughout the world.

Erasmus+ wishes not only to promote links between European higher education institutions and between higher education institutions from third countries but also to contribute globally to improving dialogue between cultures. In concrete terms, students of PFH, therefore, have an opportunity to complete scholarship-funded semesters abroad at other European Erasmus+ higher education institutions.

The Erasmus+ programme for higher education institutions - for 25 years, one of the success stories of the European Union (EU) - promotes the international mobility of students, lecturers and other staff in higher education institutions as well as company personnel.

Since 1987, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) has been performing the function of the National Agency for the Erasmus+ Programme on behalf of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).


Erasmus-Charter für die Hochschulbildung 2021-2027 (german)

Student Mobility

Study visit (SMS) and student work placements (SMP)

Studying abroad, just like an internship abroad, can be a wonderful experience and an enrichment to your CV. 

ERASMUS+ study abroad
ERASMUS+ work placement abroad
Requirement: You are enrolled at the PFH (regardless of whether you are studying on campus or on a distance learning programme).

Level of funding

Funding Rates

Students receive financial support for their study abroad, depending on the country in which the semester abroad/internship is completed. 80% of this funding is paid out before the start and the remaining 20% after the successful completion of the stay abroad.
You can find the funding rates depending on the country group on the DAAD websites mentioned above. The rates also differ depending on the funding year - information is available from the International Office. The PFH currently funds stays abroad from the 2021 and 2022 projects. 
One advantage of Erasmus+ partnerships is that you do not pay tuition, registration, examination, laboratory and library fees at the host university. You are guaranteed academic recognition for your studies abroad. In addition, you will be supported in the preparation and implementation of your semester abroad and, if applicable, receive an online language course funded by ERASMUS+ as part of the Online Linguistic Support (OLS).

Duration of funding

  • Between two and twelve months (study/internship)
  • You can take advantage of 12 months of funding in each of the Bachelor's, Master's and doctoral programmes.
  • Within a study cycle, the funding can be split up (e.g., thrice for four months or twice for six months).

For further possibilities of funding from the DAAD, click here

Our team looks forward to welcoming you!

Contact us now:

E-mail: (Incoming International Students)

E-mail: (Partnerships & Possibilities abroad: semester abroad, internship abroad, research/training abroad)

The International Office Team

Receive more information

* Pflichtfeld
Infomaterial anfordern

Accreditation and awards

Siegel Fernstudium Check
Fernstudium Direkt Siegel
ZFU Zulassung Siegel
ZEvA Akkreditierung Siegel
ASIIN Akkreditierung Siegel
Akkreditierungsrat Siegel
FIBAA Akkreditierung