Around one third of all students complete a semester abroad during their studies, whether Bachelor or Master. This is a good opportunity to broaden your horizons, get to know another university system and improve your foreign language skills. At PFH, you can also apply for funding for your project (e.g. ERASMUS+ PROMOS).
The period and recognition of a semester abroad varies depending on the degree programme as well as Bachelor, Master or distance learning.
Master's students and distance learners can choose the period of their stay abroad as long as it is compatible with the curriculum. Working distance students should also consult with their employer about a stay abroad.
Distance learning students can have their credits earned abroad recognised in consultation with the admission office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
During your semester abroad at a partner university, you remain enrolled at the PFH and generally do not pay any additional tuition fees. Partner universities that charge additional tuition fees are marked "Study Abroad" under international university partnerships.
PFH Study Abroad Deadlines
Annual deadlines for PFH students to apply to study abroad: SS: Jun. 30th | WS: Nov. 30th
*Please note: June 30 is the deadline to apply to study abroad for SS24. Novemeber 30 is the deadline to apply for WS 24/25
Process and application procedure
Prior to the stay abroad:
The PFH application form indicating the four preferred partner universities together with the required documents are
- Curriculum vitae (in German or English)
- Current PFH transcript of records/Bachelor's degree certificate
- Letter of motivation (in English or German, 150-250 words)
- Language certificates
must be submitted by 30 June for the SS and by 30 November for the WS.
You can apply via the following online questionnaire:
Applications outside this period are also possible, but must be coordinated individually. With the internal application for a semester abroad, students automatically apply for the ERASMUS+ (Erasmus+ partner universities) and PROMOS (non-Erasmus+ partner universities) funding.
After successful application, the student receives feedback and is nominated to the partner universities.
The student then applies individually to the partner university.
The student receives information about the respective application procedure, including applicable deadlines, as well as the required application documents by e-mail from the future host university.
Acceptance is the responsibility of the partner university.
In addition, for applications to ERASMUS partner universities:
- Learning Agreement: The courses to be taken abroad must be selected and entered in what is known as a Learning Agreement. This document needs to be approved (signed and stamped) by the ERASMUS coordinators of both PFH and the partner university.
- Grant Agreement. This is the contract which lays out the terms and conditions of funding. This is the only document which cannot be filled in online!
To be submitted after the stay abroad:
- Letter of Confirmation (to be confirmed by the (ERASMUS) coordinator of the partner university) and Transcript of Records (issued by the partner university's examinations office)
- Student's Consent Form and Testimonial
Our team looks forward to welcoming you!
Contact us now:
E-mail: email@example.com (Incoming International Students)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Partnerships & Possibilities abroad: semester abroad, internship abroad, research/training abroad)